Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pillowcase Apron.

I have started thinking Christmas - more specifically, starting my Christmas lists....I always try to do something crafty and cute each year for the women at my work and in my family. The other day, I came across this tutorial which was absolutely perfect! It's an apron, made out of a pillowcase - brilliant! You don't need any extra materials, no measuring, and the best thing is that you don' t have to do the hems of the apron because since it's a pillowcase, they're all already done! What could be better. I began to search online for the perfect pillowcases, and found 3 on Etsy I just had to have. At about $5 each (plus shipping) these are a very affordable project (even if you mess up on your first one...) I had put in my order, and waited as patiently as I could over the weekend in anticipation for that glorious first pillowcase. And finally, after 3 whole days of waiting, it arrived!



The pillowcase in all it's glory. I wanted a detailed, lace pillowcase so that I didn't have to add any rick rack at the bottom!

Here are all of the supplies I used, after I cut up the pillowcase into the different parts. If you are planning on sewing anything that requires cutting, I highly recommend a rolling cutter, a long straight edge that has a little lip on it to keep it straight, and a cutting map. These are my quilting tools, but very multi-functioning and worth the money.

This is how moms sew.......

Wah-lah! The final product. I would have taken a picture of it actually ON me, but it was late and I was in my pajamas. I am going to the store today to look for cute buttons to keep the pocket flaps down.

Now comes the hard part to decide who gets this wonderful creation I have spent the better part of an hour creating...? Hmmmm. I'll have to start my next Christmas list, who's Naughty & Nice!

2 comments:

  1. LIZ!!! I love it! Gosh, where do you find the time to do these things! I have so many ideas and things to do in my little ole head I just can't find the time to do them! Maybe it's because I have a new baby at home! Ahhh, dang babies! lol
    So how did it go? Was it super hard or do you think you will whip up a bunch more? Something I will be able to manage since I am sewing challenged?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 8:45, if I still have any energy left after picking up the house after Ev gets to bed. It was actually super easy! The only part I had a hard time with was the tie/band thing. I didn't really understand the wording on the instructions so I thought I'd come up with my own, "easier" way to do it. Note to self: definitely not easier. So that will need some tweaking.

    ReplyDelete